If you require equipment for any of these published trips, please CONTACT THE QUARTERMASTER via the Contact page
Equipment Hire is charged at £3 per day, per boat on Clevedon Marine Lake, Portishead Quay Marina or for trips launching from Clevedon.
Hire charges away from Clevedon are £5 per day, per boat. See the Equipment Hire page for full details
Click on a heading below to show the details for each event.
Christmas Paddle - December 16th
This years Christmas Paddle will be held at Clevedon's Marine Lake. Alison Holland will be organising some on-the-water games and we have booked a table at The Salthouse pub for a meal afterwards.
The boatshed will be open from 11am for you to pick up boats and equipment and there is no boat hire charge for this event. Games commence around 11.30am and will finish around 1pm. We will be serving hot chocolate (with whipped cream!!!) afterwards to warm us up.
We do not need to know if you would like to join us for some fun on the water but, if you would like to come to the Salthouse, you will have to let Alison know by Saturday 8th December at the latest. She will then contact you about your food choice as the pub want to know in advance.
After our meal there will be a quiz and a raffle. If you can donate any raffle prizes, please contact Alison.
There will be a prize for the best Christmas outfit, and a prize for the best Christmas carol sung!
Outer Hebrides - 30 June to 6/7 July 2019
Steve Lawes is looking into running a week long sea kayaking trip to North Uist, from 30 June to 6/7 July 2019.
He will be on Skye the previous week and catching the early ferry across to North Uist on Sunday 30th June.
At the moment Steve is just after expressions of interest.
Base will be Moorcroft Campsite where as well as camping there's also a "bunkhouse" which sleeps 6 in 3x twin bedded rooms, there are also some twin bedded hobbit homes.
The very sheltered east coast of the Uists is beautiful and full of rocky inlets and small islands and is full of wildlife,
The west coast has white sand beaches but is fully exposed to the atlantic so great for surfing.
Weather permitting it's hoped to run a 2 day trip in and around the Sound of Harris with a wild camp on one of the islands.
Last time the wildlife encounters included dolphins, seals, otters, sea eagles, gannets and skuas.
This will be limited to 12 people. 2* ish standard is preferable, the paddling itself will be easy, but expect to travel an average of 16-20km per day at pretty much a bimble pace, but can be a bit harder sometimes against the wind.
Nobody has to paddle every day so if you want to explore the islands that's fine.
The below link takes you to some of the photos from the 2017 trip HERE.
Scotland: Friday Aug 30th - Saturday September 7th 2019
The Scotland paddle is for long /touring kayaks only and is suitable for all skill levels as long as you can paddle around 16km. This distance is just a guide line and you will be free to paddle as much or as little as you like throughout the week.
The accommodation that we will be using as a base is the Old Pier House (address below) (South on Loch Ness) and has a small private beach to launch from with some stunning views looking up Loch Ness. The location is also perfect for paddling the canals/locks and only a short distance to the coast. Fort Augustus is only a short walk, where you will find local shops and restaurants, should you require them.
There are all types of accommodation avalible to you at the Old Pier House. I would like you to have a look at the accommodation available to you, and when you have found what you want please can you ring Jenny or talk to Osh to make a booking. (please mention that you are with the CCC when booking) (also please can you also let Gary know when you have booked in)
You need to book the following dates: Friday August 30th to Saturday September 7th 2019 (8 nights in total)
The basic plan at the moment is to drive up to Scotland on Friday, settle into the accommodation and, around dinner time on the Saturday, go for a short paddle on Loch Ness. From then on I will sort out the paddles and what we are doing for the rest of the week.
To register your interest or for more information please contact Gary Neath
Mrs Jenny MacKenzie.
Old Pier House,
Information for Trip leaders
- Email the trip details 3-4 weeks prior to the event date to Webmaster for publication on the website.
- Help with Trip planning is available HERE
- Record the interested parties and confirm receipt via email. Ensure that you have the correct and all necessary contact details. Note that our calendar is shared with other clubs so we may also be dealing with non-member paddlers.
- Should the trip have to be cancelled, please confirm this 48hrs prior to the event by emailing the attendees and Webmaster, so that it can be published on the website.
- By 24 hrs prior to the trip, confirm with all registered attendees that the trip is progressing and provide any updates if necessary.
- Ensure that all mobile numbers are to hand on the day, so that any final updates can be made.
Trip Information for Paddlers
- Register your interest with the Trip Leader and provide correct contact details. If you have any queries or concerns regarding your abilities, please discuss this with the Trip Leader.
- For safety reasons and to ensure leader/paddler ratios are not compromised, please do not turn up at a trip unannounced.
- Ensure that you are getting regular updates regarding times/weather/location of the paddle.
- Ensure that you are made aware of any cancellation, or confirmation of trip.
- Please advise the Trip Leader should you not be attending on the day due to last minute issues. This will prevent a large group of people waiting for you!
- Be punctual and consider the group.
- Have fun.