If you require equipment for any of these published trips, please CONTACT THE QUARTERMASTER via the Contact page
Equipment Hire is charged at £3 per day, per boat on Clevedon Marine Lake, Portishead Quay Marina or for trips launching from Clevedon.
Hire charges away from Clevedon are £5 per day, per boat. See the Equipment Hire page for full details
Click on a heading below to show the details for each event.
Axe Vale Canoe Race - March 24th
Contact Alison Holland if you would like to join in. We will be using the Club trailer and car sharing.
Intro to Moving Water - March 30th
Contact Ian Downing if you would like to take part.
Symonds Yat East Herefordshire HR9 6JL
The day will be run at Symonds Yat where different water flows and conditions can be experienced. The course will be open to anyone that is comfortable wearing a spraydeck, and ‘happy’ to capsize and get out of their boat.
The carpark charge is £5/day/car.
Please bring along warm clothes that can get wet, a change of clothing, a pack lunch, and some money (just in case you want to go to The Saracens Head for lunch or coffee). Please note that there are several other activities in the area for non paddling family members to partake in.
Transport arrangements and timings will be advised closer to the date.
Should you have any queries regarding your suitability and/or clothing/equipment please contact Ian
Bridgwater and Taunton Canal Clean up - April 13th
Contact Mike Perrott to join in
0830 Boatshed for those who need to collect a boat or want to share transport. My trailer available
0930 Boat & Anchor For those going straight to the canal please. Access from M5 J24. MAP
1000 Set off
1500 Return to put in point
What will we be doing?
Paddling along the Canal from the Boat & Anchor pub TA7 0AQ in the direction of Taunton picking up and litter and debris we find as we go. We will stop for lunch after a couple of hours then return by the same route. A canal trust boat will probably accompany the group to collect bags and litter as we go.
This will not be an arduous paddle just a gentle one so suitable for any paddler in any type of kayak, sit-on-top or canoe.
Litter Pick Equipment will be provided but gloves suitable for use on and in the water useful. Non paddling members and family are welcome to join in and follow along the tow path picking litter as they go.
Surf Trip - April 14th
Contact Steve Holland if you would like to take part.
Meet at 8.30am at the boatshed, or 10.30am in Woolacombe at the Esplanade Car Park.
This trip should be suitable, and fun, for all ages and skill levels. You should bring food and drink, and a change of clothes because you WILL get wet. All facilities are nearby.
Participants should be confident in the use of spraydecks and eating large pasties.
Ladies Paddle - June 2nd
Bantham Swoosh - June 9th
Contact Sandy Beeson for more information
Meet at the free car park in Aveton Gifford around 10am.
We will paddle down the beautiful Devon River Avon to the golden beaches of Bantham. Weather and conditions permitting we will ride the Swoosh into Bigbury Bay.
Here we will see Burgh Island, made famous by Agatha Christie. There is stunning scenery, dominated by the impressive and expensive 1930’s hotel.
The Pilchard Inn, on the island, is a good place to stop. The youngsters can swim and play on the sands. There is a picturesque walk around Burgh Island and those wanting more exercise can paddle round Burgh Island and magically end up at the Pilchard Inn.
There is a good camp site in Bantham if you want to stay.
Final details later but please email Sandy if you have any questions.
Gower Sea Paddle - Sunday 25th August
Contact Mike Perrott for more information
Sea Paddle – Gower, Port Eynon to Worms Head.
Trip for Long/Sea Kayaks – Not suitable for beginners or inexperienced paddlers. Hopefully fairly calm seas and sunshine though.
Meet 0945 hrs Port Eynon car park 0945 (SA3 1NN)
Set off 1030 hrs
High Water 1348 hrs
Proposed route is to paddle west along the coast towards Mewslade Beach and Worms Head if conditions permit.
Alternative will be to paddle East towards Oxwich Bay.
This is a lengthy paddle of about 10 to 12 km each way but will not be run as a slog as there should be a helpful current each way.
More information nearer the date
Information for Trip leaders
- Email the trip details 3-4 weeks prior to the event date to Webmaster for publication on the website.
- Help with Trip planning is available HERE
- Record the interested parties and confirm receipt via email. Ensure that you have the correct and all necessary contact details. Note that our calendar is shared with other clubs so we may also be dealing with non-member paddlers.
- Should the trip have to be cancelled, please confirm this 48hrs prior to the event by emailing the attendees and Webmaster, so that it can be published on the website.
- By 24 hrs prior to the trip, confirm with all registered attendees that the trip is progressing and provide any updates if necessary.
- Ensure that all mobile numbers are to hand on the day, so that any final updates can be made.
Trip Information for Paddlers
- Register your interest with the Trip Leader and provide correct contact details. If you have any queries or concerns regarding your abilities, please discuss this with the Trip Leader.
- For safety reasons and to ensure leader/paddler ratios are not compromised, please do not turn up at a trip unannounced.
- Ensure that you are getting regular updates regarding times/weather/location of the paddle.
- Ensure that you are made aware of any cancellation, or confirmation of trip.
- Please advise the Trip Leader should you not be attending on the day due to last minute issues. This will prevent a large group of people waiting for you!
- Be punctual and consider the group.
- Have fun.