If you require equipment for any of these published trips, please CONTACT THE QUARTERMASTER via the Contact page
Equipment Hire is charged at £3 per day, per boat on Clevedon Marine Lake, Portishead Quay Marina or for trips launching from Clevedon.
Hire charges away from Clevedon are £5 per day, per boat. See the Equipment Hire page for full details
Click on a heading below to show the details for each event.
Axe Vale Canoe Race - 24th March
Contact Alison Holland if you are planning on taking part. It may be possible to car share.
Bantham Swoosh - June 9th
Contact Sandy Beeson for more information
A repeat of last year's highly successful trip. More details to follow.
Outer Hebrides - 30 June to 6/7 July 2019 - NOW FULL
This trip is now fully subscribed. Steve is holding a reserve list, should anyone drop out.
Gower Sea Paddle - Sunday 25th August
Contact Mike Perrott for more information
Sea Paddle – Gower, Port Eynon to Worms Head.
Trip for Long/Sea Kayaks – Not suitable for beginners or inexperienced paddlers. Hopefully fairly calm seas and sunshine though.
Meet 0945 hrs Port Eynon car park 0945 (SA3 1NN)
Set off 1030 hrs
High Water 1348 hrs
Proposed route is to paddle west along the coast towards Mewslade Beach and Worms Head if conditions permit.
Alternative will be to paddle East towards Oxwich Bay.
This is a lengthy paddle of about 10 to 12 km each way but will not be run as a slog as there should be a helpful current each way.
More information nearer the date
Scotland: Friday Aug 30th - Saturday September 7th 2019
The Scotland paddle is for long /touring kayaks only and is suitable for all skill levels as long as you can paddle around 16km. This distance is just a guide line and you will be free to paddle as much or as little as you like throughout the week.
The accommodation that we will be using as a base is the Old Pier House (address below) (South on Loch Ness) and has a small private beach to launch from with some stunning views looking up Loch Ness. The location is also perfect for paddling the canals/locks and only a short distance to the coast. Fort Augustus is only a short walk, where you will find local shops and restaurants, should you require them.
There are all types of accommodation avalible to you at the Old Pier House. I would like you to have a look at the accommodation available to you, and when you have found what you want please can you ring Jenny or talk to Osh to make a booking. (please mention that you are with the CCC when booking) (also please can you also let Gary know when you have booked in)
You need to book the following dates: Friday August 30th to Saturday September 7th 2019 (8 nights in total)
The basic plan at the moment is to drive up to Scotland on Friday, settle into the accommodation and, around dinner time on the Saturday, go for a short paddle on Loch Ness. From then on I will sort out the paddles and what we are doing for the rest of the week.
To register your interest or for more information please contact Gary Neath
Mrs Jenny MacKenzie.
Old Pier House,
Information for Trip leaders
- Email the trip details 3-4 weeks prior to the event date to Webmaster for publication on the website.
- Help with Trip planning is available HERE
- Record the interested parties and confirm receipt via email. Ensure that you have the correct and all necessary contact details. Note that our calendar is shared with other clubs so we may also be dealing with non-member paddlers.
- Should the trip have to be cancelled, please confirm this 48hrs prior to the event by emailing the attendees and Webmaster, so that it can be published on the website.
- By 24 hrs prior to the trip, confirm with all registered attendees that the trip is progressing and provide any updates if necessary.
- Ensure that all mobile numbers are to hand on the day, so that any final updates can be made.
Trip Information for Paddlers
- Register your interest with the Trip Leader and provide correct contact details. If you have any queries or concerns regarding your abilities, please discuss this with the Trip Leader.
- For safety reasons and to ensure leader/paddler ratios are not compromised, please do not turn up at a trip unannounced.
- Ensure that you are getting regular updates regarding times/weather/location of the paddle.
- Ensure that you are made aware of any cancellation, or confirmation of trip.
- Please advise the Trip Leader should you not be attending on the day due to last minute issues. This will prevent a large group of people waiting for you!
- Be punctual and consider the group.
- Have fun.