Pool Sessions 2017
Pool Sessions commence on January 7th at Strode Leisure Centre Pool. There will be two 45 minute sessions commencing at 4.15pm (on the water at 4.30pm). The second session starts on the water at 5.15pm.
The costs are the same as last year; £6 per person per 45 minute session or £11 per person for the full 90 minute session.
Click HERE to book for all Sessions.
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW TO HELP YOUR VISIT.
The swimming pool is an ideal place to learn new skills and practice some old skills, in a warm safe environment. You can find training guides and logbooks on the Training page of the Club website
- You should arrive about 15 minutes before your session starts so that you can book in and get changed. Please book in poolside before getting changed.
- If you are new to our pool sessions, the Session Supervisor will assist you in getting started. The Session Supervisor will be wearing an orange shirt.
- You should wear normal swimming attire and perhaps a sports shirt made of man-made fibres. Wetsuits can be worn, but can get hot in this environment.
- Helmets are mandatory. If you do not have your own, we will provide one for you.
- Help is always appreciated getting the equipment out of the store and putting it away again at the end of the session.
- All equipment will be supplied, but if you are planning on bringing your own boat, it must be absolutely clean.
The last four sessions will have an emphasis on some different aspects of training, as follows;
February 18th – Rescues, short kayaks
February 25th – Rescues, Open canoes
March 4th – Rescues, Sea kayaks
March 11th – Paddlepower Passport training for younger members