River Wye trip – Saturday 22nd April
We will be paddling from Ross on Wye to Kerne Bridge which is about 6 miles.
• This trip is suitable for adult and junior members with or without a BCU qualification.
• Junior members under 14 years old will need to have some previous paddling experience and preferably a Paddlepower qualification.
• Parents/carers of junior members (under 18) paddling unaccompanied, will need to complete a Parental Consent Form and bring it on the day.
We will be meeting at the boatshed at 9.30am to collect boats and equipment. This can be hired in advance by emailing The Quartermaster The fee to hire boats (with equipment) is £5 per day. We have a van available to transport most boats. You may need to transport longer boats and Open Canoes yourself. On arrival at Ross we will unload then arrange a shuttle system to the finish point at Kerne Bridge. All paddlers will go as one group so if you are paddling a sea kayak/touring kayak or open canoe please be aware that you will be expected to keep up with speed of the slowest paddler.
On the day please bring with you
• Boat, paddle, buoyancy aid, spray deck and helmet (helmets are a requirement)
• Suitable paddling clothing and aqua shoes, plus a change of clothes in case of capsize (suitable paddling gear is not jeans/jumpers/or trainers)
• Money for bridge toll
• Sun cream (just in case)!
• Packed lunch
• One or two drinks
We hope you will appreciate that in the event of adverse weather conditions there is the possibility that on the day we may have a change of venue and there is always a slight chance that we may have to cancel the trip. In the event of either situation, we will give you as much notice as possible.
If you would like to go on this trip please email Alison Holland and provide me with a mobile contact number