If you require equipment for any of these published trips, please CONTACT THE QUARTERMASTER via the Contact page
Equipment Hire is charged at £3 per day, per boat on Clevedon Marine Lake, Portishead Quay Marina or for trips launching from Clevedon.
Hire charges away from Clevedon are £5 per day, per boat. See the Equipment Hire page for full details
Click on a heading below to show the details for each event.
2019 Sponsored Paddle - May 18th
Lulworth Cove - May 25th
The plan is to paddle from Lulworth Cove towards Weymouth Bay.
The distance and duration of the paddle will be weather and paddler ability dependant.
The trip is open to touring/sea kayaks only, and paddlers need to be comfortable using a spraydeck. The trip is planned around those members that are currently undergoing sea kayak training, however anyone else is welcome to attend.
The plan would be to meet at the boatshed to collect boats, or in Lulworth Cove carpark, on the water around 10:30, lunch on a beach before back to Lulworth around 4pm. Boats and equipment can be hired from the club by contacting the Quartermaster .
Should you have any queries regarding the paddle or your ability please do not hesitate to contact Ian.
Bristol City Docks - May 26th
Meet at the Boatshed at 8.30am, or meet at 10am at The Cottage Inn, Baltic Wharf, Cumberland Rd, Bristol BS1 6XG at 10am. On the water for 10.30am. STREETMAP.
This trip is there and back, and is suitable for any type of craft, and all ages and abilities.
There is free parking for the pub and water users, but the car park can become congested. There is fee parking nearby at Cumberland Basin. There is no parking in the Harbour Masters car park.
A launch fee of £7.50 is payable to the Harbour Master.
You should dress appropriately for the weather, and helmets should be worn. You will need to bring a packed lunch.
Ladies Paddle - June 2nd Trip Full
Bantham Swoosh - June 9th Trip Full
Contact Sandy Beeson for more information
This trip is now full. A waiting list is available if you are stil interested in joining this paddle.
Gower Sea Paddle - Sunday 25th August
Contact Mike Perrott for more information
Sea Paddle – Gower, Port Eynon to Worms Head.
Trip for Long/Sea Kayaks – Not suitable for beginners or inexperienced paddlers. Hopefully fairly calm seas and sunshine though.
Meet 0945 hrs Port Eynon car park 0945 (SA3 1NN)
Set off 1030 hrs
High Water 1348 hrs
Proposed route is to paddle west along the coast towards Mewslade Beach and Worms Head if conditions permit.
Alternative will be to paddle East towards Oxwich Bay.
This is a lengthy paddle of about 10 to 12 km each way but will not be run as a slog as there should be a helpful current each way.
More information nearer the date
Information for Trip leaders
- Email the trip details 3-4 weeks prior to the event date to Webmaster for publication on the website.
- Help with Trip planning is available HERE
- Record the interested parties and confirm receipt via email. Ensure that you have the correct and all necessary contact details. Note that our calendar is shared with other clubs so we may also be dealing with non-member paddlers.
- Should the trip have to be cancelled, please confirm this 48hrs prior to the event by emailing the attendees and Webmaster, so that it can be published on the website.
- By 24 hrs prior to the trip, confirm with all registered attendees that the trip is progressing and provide any updates if necessary.
- Ensure that all mobile numbers are to hand on the day, so that any final updates can be made.
Trip Information for Paddlers
- Register your interest with the Trip Leader and provide correct contact details. If you have any queries or concerns regarding your abilities, please discuss this with the Trip Leader.
- For safety reasons and to ensure leader/paddler ratios are not compromised, please do not turn up at a trip unannounced.
- Ensure that you are getting regular updates regarding times/weather/location of the paddle.
- Ensure that you are made aware of any cancellation, or confirmation of trip.
- Please advise the Trip Leader should you not be attending on the day due to last minute issues. This will prevent a large group of people waiting for you!
- Be punctual and consider the group.
- Have fun.