If you require equipment for any of these published trips, please CONTACT THE QUARTERMASTER via the Contact page
Equipment Hire is charged at £3 per day, per boat on Clevedon Marine Lake, Portishead Quay Marina or for trips launching from Clevedon.
Hire charges away from Clevedon are £5 per day, per boat. See the Equipment Hire page for full details
Click on a heading below to show the details for each event.
Slimbridge Canoe Safari - August 17th
Contact Alison Holland for more information
We are pleased to announce that we are holding an event 'with a difference'.
Alison has arranged a Club trip to Slimbridge Wetland Centre, where we will be able to paddle around the Canoe Safari. Slimbridge have kindly offered to keep the centre open after hours and have given us sole us of the canoe trail.
The trip is on Saturday 17th August and we have use of the trail from 6 - 8pm. Members can paddle open canoes (3 people per boat with at least one adult over 18) and coracles (1 person per coracle).
The cost of the event is dependent on numbers but it is estimated that it would be less than £10 per person. There are only 30 spaces. There is no fee for parking and no added entrance fee.
We will meet in the car park at 5.30pm. Fees should be paid on the day.
WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre
Gower Sea Paddle - Sunday 25th August
Contact Mike Perrott for more information
Sea Paddle – Gower, Port Eynon to Worms Head.
Trip for Long/Sea Kayaks – Not suitable for beginners or inexperienced paddlers. Hopefully fairly calm seas and sunshine though.
Meet 0945 hrs Port Eynon car park 0945 (SA3 1NN)
Set off 1030 hrs
High Water 1348 hrs
Proposed route is to paddle west along the coast towards Mewslade Beach and Worms Head if conditions permit.
Alternative will be to paddle East towards Oxwich Bay.
This is a lengthy paddle of about 10 to 12 km each way but will not be run as a slog as there should be a helpful current each way.
More information nearer the date
British Canoeing Start Course - October 5th
We are running at British Canoeing Start course on the afternoon of Saturday 3rd August.
This introductory 2 hour course is suitable for members aged 8 and up who are new to paddling. Participants will receive a British Canoeing qualification and on completion will receive a certificate.
The course costs £10, and includes all equipment hire.
Information for Trip leaders
- Email the trip details 3-4 weeks prior to the event date to Webmaster for publication on the website.
- Help with Trip planning is available HERE
- Record the interested parties and confirm receipt via email. Ensure that you have the correct and all necessary contact details. Note that our calendar is shared with other clubs so we may also be dealing with non-member paddlers.
- Should the trip have to be cancelled, please confirm this 48hrs prior to the event by emailing the attendees and Webmaster, so that it can be published on the website.
- By 24 hrs prior to the trip, confirm with all registered attendees that the trip is progressing and provide any updates if necessary.
- Ensure that all mobile numbers are to hand on the day, so that any final updates can be made.
Trip Information for Paddlers
- Register your interest with the Trip Leader and provide correct contact details. If you have any queries or concerns regarding your abilities, please discuss this with the Trip Leader.
- If you need to hire equipment, please contact the Quartermaster. Ensure you request all the gear that you will need (Boat, paddle, BA, helmet, spraydeck)
- For safety reasons and to ensure leader/paddler ratios are not compromised, please do not turn up at a trip unannounced.
- Ensure that you are getting regular updates regarding times/weather/location of the paddle.
- Ensure that you are made aware of any cancellation, or confirmation of trip.
- Please advise the Trip Leader should you not be attending on the day due to last minute issues. This will prevent a large group of people waiting for you!
- Be punctual and consider the group.
- Have fun.