If you require equipment for any of these published trips, please CONTACT THE QUARTERMASTER via the Contact page
Equipment Hire is charged at £3 per day, per boat on Clevedon Marine Lake, Portishead Quay Marina or for trips launching from Clevedon.
Hire charges away from Clevedon are £5 per day, per boat. See the Equipment Hire page for full details
Click on a heading below to show the details for each event.
Sea Paddle, Clevedon to Portishead and Beach clean - October 20th
0915 Meet at the boatshed
1000 Launch from beach as soon as there is enough water and paddle to Portishead.
If there is time and conditions allow we will visit any “beaches” on our way and litter pick them.
1130 Arrive Portishead and have a break, litter pick in immediate area
1200 Set off for return and resume litter picking at beaches on our way.
1330 Arrive back at Clevedon where we may need to exit at slipway if beach no longer accessible.
I recommend that long boats are used and, of course, what we actually do will be weather dependent. Long term forecast is currently ideal.
Foundation Safety and Rescue Training - October 27th and November 3rd
We will meet at the Boatshed and use Salthouse field and the Marine Lake.
For full benefit potential applicants should be able to paddle both kayaks and open boats ideally the old BC 2 Star or the new Explore.
Dates and Timings:
The course will be run over two long half days on 27th October and 3rd November from 0900 to 1300 each day
The course costs £40, plus the cost of the certificate from British Canoeing (£5 for members of British Canoeing, £10 otherwise)
Full details from British Canoeing's website available HERE
Information for Trip leaders
- Email the trip details 3-4 weeks prior to the event date to Webmaster for publication on the website.
- Help with Trip planning is available HERE
- Record the interested parties and confirm receipt via email. Ensure that you have the correct and all necessary contact details. Note that our calendar is shared with other clubs so we may also be dealing with non-member paddlers.
- Should the trip have to be cancelled, please confirm this 48hrs prior to the event by emailing the attendees and Webmaster, so that it can be published on the website.
- By 24 hrs prior to the trip, confirm with all registered attendees that the trip is progressing and provide any updates if necessary.
- Ensure that all mobile numbers are to hand on the day, so that any final updates can be made.
Trip Information for Paddlers
- Register your interest with the Trip Leader and provide correct contact details. If you have any queries or concerns regarding your abilities, please discuss this with the Trip Leader.
- If you need to hire equipment, please contact the Quartermaster. Ensure you request all the gear that you will need (Boat, paddle, BA, helmet, spraydeck)
- For safety reasons and to ensure leader/paddler ratios are not compromised, please do not turn up at a trip unannounced.
- Ensure that you are getting regular updates regarding times/weather/location of the paddle.
- Ensure that you are made aware of any cancellation, or confirmation of trip.
- Please advise the Trip Leader should you not be attending on the day due to last minute issues. This will prevent a large group of people waiting for you!
- Be punctual and consider the group.
- Have fun.