If you require equipment for any of these published trips, please CONTACT THE QUARTERMASTER via the Contact page
Equipment Hire is charged at £3 per day, per boat on Clevedon Marine Lake, Portishead Quay Marina or for trips launching from Clevedon.
Hire charges away from Clevedon are £5 per day, per boat. See the Equipment Hire page for full details
Click on a heading below to show the details for each event.
Light Up The Lake - Marine Lake - December 7th
Marlens are holding their annual Light Up The Lake event on December 7th. This is your annual chance to decorate your boat with lights (battery lights that is!) and paddle dressed as Santa (or any other Christmassy character you so desire).
This year we have something a little bit different and a lot bigger to paddle, so come along and join in!
The boatshed will be open from 4pm so that you can decorate your boat. As with last year, there will be no charge for boat hire. All you need to do is to dress appropriately for the weather conditions on the day.
Christmas Games - Marine Lake - December 14th
On Saturday 14th December we are holding a games session from 10am until 12pm on Clevedon's Marine Lake, with a prize for the best dressed 'Christmas' themed kayaker.
After the games there is a table booked at The Salthouse for a meal. The deadline for booking a seat at The Salthouse is 1st December.
If you would like to attend the games, the meal or both please contact Alison Holland.
Bantham Swoosh, South Devon - Sunday June 14th 2020
Amble down the Devon R. Avon. Pass through the Swoosh. Make your choice to easily paddle the gentle deep water channel or crash through the surf out to sea. A quiet paddle across the bay to beautiful Burgh Island.
Sea Paddle - Challaborough to River Erme - Sunday 5th July 2020
Challaborough to R. Erme
Paddle around 6 kilometres west to Mothercombe Beach (said to be one of the most beautiful beaches in the country). Tide assisted.
Explore the lovely River Erme.
Return to Challaborough with incoming tide.
Suitable for Sea Kayaks only and paddlers with some sea experience. Only 12 places on this paddle.
Information for Trip leaders
- Email the trip details 3-4 weeks prior to the event date to Webmaster for publication on the website.
- Help with Trip planning is available HERE
- Record the interested parties and confirm receipt via email. Ensure that you have the correct and all necessary contact details. Note that our calendar is shared with other clubs so we may also be dealing with non-member paddlers.
- Should the trip have to be cancelled, please confirm this 48hrs prior to the event by emailing the attendees and Webmaster, so that it can be published on the website.
- By 24 hrs prior to the trip, confirm with all registered attendees that the trip is progressing and provide any updates if necessary.
- Ensure that all mobile numbers are to hand on the day, so that any final updates can be made.
Trip Information for Paddlers
- Register your interest with the Trip Leader and provide correct contact details. If you have any queries or concerns regarding your abilities, please discuss this with the Trip Leader.
- If you need to hire equipment, please contact the Quartermaster. Ensure you request all the gear that you will need (Boat, paddle, BA, helmet, spraydeck)
- For safety reasons and to ensure leader/paddler ratios are not compromised, please do not turn up at a trip unannounced.
- Ensure that you are getting regular updates regarding times/weather/location of the paddle.
- Ensure that you are made aware of any cancellation, or confirmation of trip.
- Please advise the Trip Leader should you not be attending on the day due to last minute issues. This will prevent a large group of people waiting for you!
- Be punctual and consider the group.
- Have fun.